[Eeglablist] Creating ERPs contralateral and ipsilateral to stimulus presentation

Daniela Gledhill d.gledhill at uni-bremen.de
Sun Jan 29 12:55:22 PST 2012

  Dear all,

I am doing my PhD in Visual Neuroscience and quite recently started my
EEG analysis with EEGLAB.
In my experiment two stimuli are presented bilaterally with one of them
changing it's color. I am trying to create ERPs contra- and ipsilateral
to the color change, but not sure how to proceed in EEGLAB.

There is only one message in the discussion list with the idea of "Swap
the data, not the channels. Leave the channels alone."
But how does it work?
- contralateral:  data of left-hemispheric electrodes for changes on the
right side and data of right-hemispheric electrodes for changes on the
left side
- ipsilateral:  data of left-hemispheric electrodes for changes on the
left side and data of right hemispheric electrodes for changes on the
right side

It would be wonderful to get some help with that!

Kind regards from Bremen,
Dani