[Eeglablist] Exporting BrainRT data to EEGlab

Schomaker, J. j.schomaker at vu.nl
Wed Feb 22 01:47:24 PST 2012

Dear all,

Recently I have come to work with BrainRT data (.sig files) from an ERP study. To read these files in, in EEGlab I first export these to .edf format, and open these in EEGlab using the Biosig toolbox. Then I import the events using a .txt file. This all seems to work fine, but I have heard that this can lead to discrepancies in the timing of the events. Does anyone have experience with this?
Second, it seems as if the polarity has been changed; so that positive has become negative and vice versa. This is difficult to check since BrainRT and EEGlab use such different interfaces and timescales. Again, has anyone encountered this problem? All tips and/or comment are welcome.
Does anyone know whether this is the best way of exporting this file format, or are there alternative ways?
Thanks a lot in advance.

Kind regards,
Judith Schomaker