[Eeglablist] about function spectopo()

Nikola Tesla 420247417 at qq.com
Wed Feb 22 17:55:35 PST 2012

Dear Sir,
     The usage of function spectopo()  is :
        >> spectopo(data, frames, srate);
        >>  [spectra,freqs,speccomp,contrib,specstd] = ...
                      spectopo(data, frames, srate, 'key1','val1', 'key2','val2' ...);
And   data = If 2-D (nchans,time_points); % may be a continuous single epoch,
                  else a set of concatenated data epochs, else a 3-D set of data
                 epochs (nchans,frames,epochs)
        frames = frames  per epoch {default|0 -> data length}
        srate  = sampling rate per  channel (Hz)

And now I have a epoch from  Pz.  The name of the variable is 'a' . The fs of my experiment is 500 per second.  The size of variable 'a' is 1*600, which means the total time of a epoch is 1200ms.
Now I want to plot the mean log spectrum of this epoch.    So I write spectopo(a, 600, 500) in the command line.
Am I right?   I also want to know the algorithm of spectopo(). Is it  pwelch ?

Yours,
 Hui-bin Jia