[Eeglablist] Coherence analysis on ICA components

Susann Sgorzaly susann.sgorzaly at st.ovgu.de
Sun Mar 4 14:29:07 PST 2012

Dear All,

I am working on my master thesis on EEG data and would like to do an
coherence analysis on ICA components. So my question is, has anyone
experience how to analyse it best?

My approach was:
(1) Run ICA and identify task-related components.
(2) If there are more than one component: average weights of these
components and recalculate activation matrix
(3) Run coherence analysis on this new component with all other ICA
components
(4) Perform a cluster analysis on those ICA components which are most
coherent with the averaged component off step (2) to see         if they
have a similar topography.

Is there a better way to perform coherence analysis on ICA components?

Thanks

Susann