[Eeglablist] problem with source localization in different wave

Louis Renoult Louis.Renoult at douglas.mcgill.ca
Tue Mar 13 08:08:46 PDT 2012

Hello,
Dipfit performs equivalent dipole source localization of independent components. To localize a difference wave, you will need to first decompose the relevant experimental conditions with ICA. Then you can use the envtopo() function or its Study version (std_envtopo), to identify the independent components (ICs) that contribute the most to your difference wave. From the GUI: Plot/Component ERPs/With comp. maps (compare). If you use the Study mode, you can refer to the help section "Modeling condition ERP differences using std_envtopo()" at http://sccn.ucsd.edu/wiki/Chapter_04:_Independent_Component_Clustering
The ICs that make the greatest contribution to your difference wave can then be localized with Dipfit.

Good luck,
Louis

Louis Renoult, Ph.D.
Post Doctoral Fellow
The Rotman Research Institute, Baycrest, Toronto
School of Psychology, University of Ottawa,
http://research.baycrest.org/lrenoult