[Eeglablist] A question on ERS / ERD

Joaquin Rapela rapela at ucsd.edu
Mon Mar 19 15:13:46 PDT 2012

Dear Aleksandra,

To compute ERSPs in studies you should call the function std_ersp that accepts the optional parameters of the function newtimef. One of these optional parameters is called baseline that does what you want.

>From help std_ersp:

  Other optional inputs:
    This function will take any of the newtimef() optional inputs (for instance
    to compute log-space frequencies)...

>From help newtimef:

        'baseline'  = Spectral baseline end-time (in ms). NaN imply that no
                      baseline is used. A range [min max] may also be entered
                      You may also enter one row per region for baseline
                      e.g. [0 100; 300 400] considers the window 0 to 100 ms and
                      300 to 400 ms {default: 0 -> all negative time values}.
                      This parameter is valid to define all baseline types below.
                      Once more "NaN" prevents baseline subtraction.

Please ask me more if anything is not clear.

Cordially, Joaquin

On Sun, Mar 18, 2012 at 10:45:15AM +0000, Aleksandra Vuckovic wrote:
> Dear Joaquin,
> do you know how to change the baseline period to calculate ERSP in a STUDY?
> Many thanks,
> Aleksandra

Precisamente la etica lo que intenta es averiguar en que consiste "en el
fondo," mas alla de lo que nos cuentan o de lo que vemos en los anuncios de la
tele, esa dichosa buena vida que nos gustaria pegarnos.

                                                   Fernando Savater
                                                   Ética para Amador

Percisely ethics aims at finding out what is about, beyond what we are told or
what we see on TV adds, that happy life that we aim at enjoying.

                                                   Fernando Savater
                                                   Ética para Amador