[Eeglablist] exporting markers latency and epoching boundaries

ida miokovic ida.miokovic at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 14:44:57 PDT 2012

Hi everyone,

to shorten the story =) I have two questions:

1. Is it possible somehow to export marker events (their latency) I put
manually (Edit --> Visually edit events and identify bad channels) into the
data and import them to other dataset?
I have a sensor measuring the activity I am interested in which of course,
gives as an output signal with much higher amplitude than eeg signal.
Because of that, I am plotting it separated from eeg signal, in order to
see its shape and to be able to put some additional markers in accordance
with the signal of the sensor. Since it is plotted (and imported into)
EEGLAB separated from eeg signal, I am not sure how to import new marker
events allocated in sensor signal to another dataset (eeg) which is to be
analysed.

2. When determining the limits of the epochs to extract (around the event
markers) do I have to take care that two epochs do not have boundaries that
overlap? If yes, please give some short explanation, if not - then great =)
Example: Marker1 happened in 1st second and Marker2 in 3rd second. If I put
-1 and 2.5 as an epoch boundaries there will be some overlapping.

Thank you in advance (answers from my previous questions were of a great
great help to me).

Ida