[Eeglablist] ERSP time limit?

Bradley Voytek bradley.voytek at gmail.com
Wed May 2 10:44:06 PDT 2012

The cutting off of the edges is forced by your lowest frequency band of
interest because EEGLAB using a sliding-window technique for estimating
power by frequency band. If you set the lowest frequency to 8Hz, you'll
have a much wider window. If you set it to 1 Hz your window will be much
shorter because EEGLAB needs more temporal data to estimate power (at least
1 full cycle of 1 Hz = 1 second widow).

::brad