[Eeglablist] epoch baseline removal experience?

ida miokovic ida.miokovic at gmail.com
Thu May 10 02:26:14 PDT 2012

Hello everyone,

Since I do not have experience in eeg signal processing, I am asking you
for the opinion regarding epoch baseline removal (a window for this pops up
after I do the data epoching). Epochs I am extracting are quite long: -4
secs before and 4 secs after Marker of my interest.

Why is following suggested in tutorial:

*"Using the mean value in the pre-stimulus period (the pop_rmbase()
default) is effective for many datasets, if the goal of the analysis is to
define transformations that occur in the data following the time-locking
events."*

What are the consequences if I leave the fields in pop up window (Epoch
Baseline Removal) empty and therefore have the whole epoch used as a
baseline?

Thank you in advance,

All the best,

Ida