[Eeglablist] filters

Makoto Miyakoshi mmiyakoshi at ucsd.edu
Wed Jun 6 11:28:15 PDT 2012

Dear Tim and Clemens,

Thanks for feedback.
Since I don't know much about signal processing, my understanding of
filter is the analog one used in an electric circuit with capacitors
and inductors (as used in speakers and amplifiers). Sor it is
intuitive for me, as Tim said, that slope and filter order are such
that 6dB for the first order (1 capacitor/inductor), 12dB for the
second order (capacitor + inductor), 18dB for the third order (3
elements), etc. But it seems filter can be 'designed' pretty freely in
signal processing.

Clemens, I would appreciate if you could show us an introductory
website or paper to learn what is digital filter.

Makoto