[Eeglablist] phase synchronization of EEG in eeglab

Yaseen Gerhold sunshineafterdusk at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 10:02:32 PDT 2012

There are a number of methods that deal with the phase relations between
two signals, there are also a number of toolboxes that feature different
implementations. Lachaux et al (1999) are quite specific in their treatment
of an event-related data wavelet based analysis, with specific methods for
significance testing.

The best way to do this as a starting point would be EEGLAB channel cross
coherence, or if you are working with components, component
cross-coherence. You'll find it in the drop-down menu. In the GUI all one
has to do is enter the channels you are comparing, specify the use of
wavelets, specify phase-coherence, and enter the desired significance
level. It's really straightforward... You can compare fft based coherence
with wavelets or even write your own code and compare the results.