[Eeglablist] plot average of channels

Arnaud Delorme arno at ucsd.edu
Tue Jul 3 22:41:55 PDT 2012

Dear Jens,

this is currently not possible from the graphic interface (although see the end of my message).
You may plot the channels you want to average (in the same plot) for example P1, P2 and Pz

[STUDY erpdata specfreqs] = std_erpplot(STUDY, ALLEEG, 'channels', {'Pz' 'P1' 'P2'})

Then you can average them for each condition. If you have 3 conditions and 13 subjects.

erpdata =

    [750x3x13 double]
    [750x3x13 double]
    [750x3x13 double]

erpdata{1} = squeeze(mean(erpdata{1},2));
erpdata{2} = squeeze(mean(erpdata{2},2));
erpdata{3} = squeeze(mean(erpdata{3},2));

erpdata =

    [750x13 double]
    [750x13 double]
    [750x13 double]

std_plotcurve(erptimes, erpdata);

In fact, after writing that email, I realized it was not too hard to add to EEGLAB and several people have been asking for that feature. Look for the "average selected channels" checkbox in the next release of EEGLAB (next month).

Best wishes,

Arno