[Eeglablist] ICA topographies

Arnaud Delorme arno at ucsd.edu
Thu Jul 5 22:33:15 PDT 2012

Dear Erika,

this is a good question. The scalp topographies of the components showed in pop_spectopo are topographies depicting power (squared version of the component topographies in the time domain -- such as in topoplot and pop_prop). The topographies in topoplot and pop_prop should be the same though. The component topographies showed in envtopo can have their polarity inverted based on the polarity of their ERP when compared to topoplot and pop_prop. You might want to look at the EEGLAB tutorial for more details.

Best regards,

A. Delorme