[Eeglablist] components direction in CNT and EEGLAB

Arnaud Delorme arno at ucsd.edu
Thu Jul 12 21:52:10 PDT 2012

Dear Malahat,

some researchers like to visualize ERP with negative polarity up. You can do it as well in EEGLAB but this is not the default. I think this is where you confusion comes from. There has been heated debates as to wether this old convention (negative going up) should be kept. It is tending to disappear slowly.

Best regards,

Arno