[Eeglablist] How to make an ICA run in less than a week?

James Desjardins jdesjardins at brocku.ca
Wed Jul 25 12:41:41 PDT 2012

Hi Baris,

In order to overcome the time costs of ICA I have been using EEGLab and a modified Batch plugin on the Shared Hierarchical Academic Research Computer Network (SHARCNet, www.sharcnet.ca<http://www.sharcnet.ca/>, it is on my to-do-list to explore similar international HPC resources). While this does not necessarily speed up the ICA calculation it allows me to run up to 64 simultaneous Matlab workers (shared across users). I am also exploring Octave in this context (no licensing limitations).

While presenting this strategy to the HPC community at a recent research day I was enthusiastically approached by someone who witnessed a GPU optimized ICA implemented in R. I have not had a chance to look into it further than finding this sitehttp://brainarray.mbni.med.umich.edu/brainarray/rgpgpu/

See alsohttp://sccn.ucsd.edu/wiki/GPU_and_EEGLAB

___
Sent from an auto-correcting touch screen device.
___
James A. Desjardins, MA
Electrophysiology Technologist
Cognitive and Affective Neuroscience Lab, Psychology Department
Jack and Nora Centre for Lifespan Development Research
Brock University
500 Glenridge Ave.
St. Catharine's, ON. Canada L2S 3A1
905-688-5550 x4676
___
"'Cause you never can tell What goes on down below!
"This pool might be bigger Than you or I know!"

McElligot's Pool
Dr. Seuss 1947