[Eeglablist] newtimef freqs output

Makoto Miyakoshi mmiyakoshi at ucsd.edu
Thu Aug 2 17:53:12 PDT 2012

Dear Katharina,

> I double checked it and the results are identical for both using 'padratio'
> 4 and 'nfreqs' 47. I use log-spaced frequencies, so both settings lead to
> the same 47 log-spaced frequencies from 4 to 50 Hz (and all the other input
> settings stay the same).

Ok.
Please tell me how many frequencies you obtained for the case of
'padratio', 4. I don't think the numbers are the same as the case of
'nfreqs', 47 (or could be... in that case, that is just an
coincident). Anyway, now I understand your intention, it is
meaningless to use 'nfreqs', 47. It could be 30, 20, or 50 as you
like.

> Changing the padratio to 2 and 8 changes the frequency resolution (and that
> is what it should do, right?).
> Using a padratio of 2 results in 23 log-spaced frequencies and a padratio of
> 8 results in 94 log-spaced frequencies.

This looks good.

Makoto