[Eeglablist] newtimef freqs output

Katharina Limbach klim366 at aucklanduni.ac.nz
Thu Aug 2 15:29:16 PDT 2012

Dear Makoto,

thanks a lot for your response.
I think I figured out, that I was making a really stupid mistake. I thought
that the output parameters were optional and that their order did not
matter (I used [ersp,times,freqs]) . So the output that was given for
'freqs' was actually the 'powbase' output (and likewise the 'times' output
was the itc...).

So I changed my code to:

[ersp,itc,powbase,times,freqs] = newtimef(EEG.data (83,:,:), 350, [-400
996], 250, [1 0.5],'baseline',[NaN],'freqs', [4 50], 'freqscale', 'log',
'padratio', 4);

and I am now getting more sensible results (times from -260 to 860 and
frequencies from 4 to 50).
I am really sorry for this!

I tried using 'nfreqs' 47 instead of 'padratio' 4 as you suggested. The
results are identical. Why is it better to define the number of frequencies
than to use the padratio?

I have one more question about the powbase. I do not want to baseline my
wavelets (and I set 'baseline' [NaN]), but I am getting a powbase output.
Does that mean that the baseline power is computed but not used for the
wavelets?

Thanks a lot, Katharina