[Eeglablist] problem when importing EDF file into EEGLAB - only loads the first 0.5 seconds

Neal Hinvest N.Hinvest at bath.ac.uk
Fri Aug 3 02:34:17 PDT 2012

I am an EEGLAB novice and am having an issue when importing an EDF file
into EEGLAB. The original file is 2781 seconds long but when I load the
EDF file into EEGLAB it only loads the first 0.556 seconds.

When I import the file I specify that the data range in seconds [0
2781]. I deselect "extract event" as I am going to import events using a
.txt file. I select "import continuous data" as data gathering was
continuous. When I click OK the correct number of channels is displayed,
Frames per epoch are 2781. But the epoch start and end are 0 and 0.556
respectively. When I load in my .txt file with my events the events in
the file are then outside the boundaries of the waveform file.

I receive the following errors when I import the EDF file:

Reading data file header...
WARNING SOPEN(EDF): Physical Max/Min values of EDF data are not
necessarily defining the dynamic range.
    Hence, OVERFLOWDETECTION might not work correctly. See also EEG2HIST
and read
    http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/S1388-2457(99)00172-8 (A. Schlögl et al.
Quality Control ... Clin. Neurophysiol. 1999, Dec; 110(12): 2165 - 2170).
    A copy is available here, too:
http://pub.ist.ac.at/~schloegl/publications/neurophys1999_2165.pdf
Reading data in EDF format...
Warning SREAD: NoS yields non-integer position [0.555800, 5000.000000]
eeg_checkset note: upper time limit (xmax) adjusted so
(xmax-xmin)*srate+1 = number of frames
Creating a new ALLEEG dataset 1
Done.

The first warning I do not need to worry about taking on board what
others have posted but I am unsure as to what the second warning, which
appears to be the critical one, is referring to.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Neal Hinvest

--