[Eeglablist] Bootstrap - Coherence Analysis

Makoto Miyakoshi mmiyakoshi at ucsd.edu
Tue Aug 7 18:29:02 PDT 2012

Dear Michele,

> - should I calculate the significance for each channel  wavelet transform of
> each epoch?

I don't recommend it. S/N could be very low for single trial data.
That's why we do this after averaging for each condition.

> - if I do that: How to calculate the final time-frequency representation?

If you do that? There is still a way probably, but again I don't recommend it.

For statistics, check out statcond.m. To address a multiple comparison
issue, you may be interested in fdr.m too.
Also you may want to check this out:

Grandchamp R, Delorme A. (2011) Single-trial normalization for
event-related spectral decomposition reduces sensitivity to noisy
trials. Front Psychol. 2:236.

Makoto

2012/8/6 Michele Barsotti <nomeserio at gmail.com>:
> Dear All,
>  I'm working with Stroke-Motor Imagery data.
> For each subject I've got a collection of 50 trials and 30 electrodes.
> I have calculated the EEG wavelet-coherence so that for each electrodes and
> for each epochs and electrodes I've got a matrix organized by {Frequencies x
> Times}
>
> Now, for each electrode,  I would like to know the significance along the
> epochs of each frequency bin at a specific time.
>
> I would like to use the boot strap method but I've got some doubt :
> - should I calculate the significance for each channel  wavelet transform of
> each epoch?
> - if I do that: How to calculate the final time-frequency representation?
>
> I wonder also if exist a tool for bootstrap calculation because I'm not able
> to use the EEGlab's one.
>
> any suggestions are welcome
>
> Thank you in advance
>
> --
>         -Michele-

JSPS Postdoctral Fellow for Research Abroad