[Eeglablist] exporting and importing data from EEGlab to EPToolkit

VANDYKE, JUSTINE VANDYKEJ at mailbox.sc.edu
Fri Aug 17 11:04:40 PDT 2012

Hello,

I am trying to import epoched data from EEGlab (.set) to EP toolkit; however, EP toolkit is only 'seeing' 1 'cell' and there should be 12 'cells'. I am not sure where the error is stemming from.

I originally imported .cnt data from Neuroscan into EEGlab/ERPlab (to filter and segment). Perhaps the issue stems from this procedure. I do not have access to the Neuroscan EV2 file, for example, so I am creating epochs/bins around the events from the .cnt file information only. Those events have codes, but I am wondering whether the .set file that I have created is really in the right format to capture those labels/bins as 'cell' information.

My question is, has anyone successfully tried to do what I am attempting?

I want to:

1. Import .cnt data from Neuroscan into EEGlab/ERPlab

2. Filter

3. Segment epochs around my 12 'conditions' and export as a .set (I don't have access right now to the EV2 file, so I can only use the .cnt file that contains my coded events)

4. Import the .set file with all 12 'conditions' as cells into EP toolkit.

I did read a thread recently that advised against multiple moves across software packages, so perhaps I should just be advised against doing this rather convoluted procedure anyway. Any help would be much appreciated!

Justine M. VanDyke, Ph.D.
Postdoctoral Research Fellow
Department of Psychology
University of South Carolina