[Eeglablist] wavelet decomposition with newtimef() - losing time points

Luis R. Piloto lpiloto at Princeton.EDU
Mon Aug 20 11:18:54 PDT 2012

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to use newtimef() to do Morlet wavelet time-frequency decomposition of my data.  Specifically, I have 10 second epochs at a sampling rate of 250 Hz (giving me 2500 time points or "frames") and I'm trying to calculate the power at each integer frequency between 1 and 50.  Additionally, I'd like to calculate the power for ever 20 millseconds, i.e. every 5 time points.  I have successfully called this function, but every time I do, it tells me that the time points I'm asking for need to be reduced and so I lose some timepoints at the beginning of my data and at the end of my data (depending on the window size).  Is there a way to avoid losing this data using newtimef() and return a signal that's the exact same length as my original signal?  Here's a sample call where I have it calculating the frequency for every 0.1 Hz and *trying* to calculate it for every 20 milliseconds.  Thanks in advance!

[decomp_data, itc, powbase, times,freqs,erspboot,itcboot,tfData] = newtimef(data_matrix,2500,[0 9900],250,1,'freqs', [0.5 50], 'freqscale', 'linear', 'plotersp','off', 'plotitc', 'off', 'nfreqs', 501, 'timesout', 0:20:9900,'baseline',Nan);

Regards,
Luis Piloto