[Eeglablist] re-reference with EGI data

Tarik S Bel-Bahar tarikbelbahar at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 01:32:12 PDT 2012

just some partial answers, hope this helps.
Please let the list know when you find out more.

FidNz = the fiducial near the nose (nation), the others are the left and
right fiducially near the ears
These are some of the basic markers for co-registration across heads/nets.
Check this image http://sccn.ucsd.edu/eeglab/dipfittut/coregister3.gif
and the eeglab wiki for more info.
These labels are often automatically detected by eeglab, and yes, they
are the three "hidden channels" at initial import.

Check the eeglab list archives for the link to ego's multiple
formats.(search EGI and/or Netstation)
Make sure you are using the right electrode locations for nets you used
(hydrocel probably).
If you export your EGI files with a reference channel, then you should use
the EGI locations
file that has the 128 + the reference channel, and so on.
Note also that the electrode location file that eeglab selects
may not be exactly the right one,
so better to feed it the one you know is right.

see below for more info

   - [Eeglablist] .ced file or list of electrode labels for 128-channel egi
   sensor net  <http://sccn.ucsd.edu/pipermail/eeglablist/2012/005041.html>
    *Tarik S Bel-Bahar*