[Eeglablist] re-reference with EGI data

Joshua Hartshorne jkhartshorne at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 12:39:38 PDT 2012

Thanks, Stephen, Tarik, Simon,

I am using the older GSN (pre-HydroCel) caps. EEGLab seems to correctly
decide which locations file to use, and that file matches the one on EGI's
website.

I did notice, however, an odd warning when importing, which makes me
worried and makes me wonder if any of you know something about it.
Invariably, I get this message:

eeg_checkset warning: 3rd dimension size of data (1) does not match the
number of epochs (0), corrected
eeg_checkset warning: number of columns in data (501045) does not match the
number of points (0): corrected

Here is all the output, just so you can see that warning in context:

 Removing trailing character of selected file to find base file name

Base file name is:
/Users/jkh80/Documents/EEG_Data/ScalarImplicature/SI_Filtered_Raw/SI20

Importing
/Users/jkh80/Documents/EEG_Data/ScalarImplicature/SI_Filtered_Raw/SI20001.raw

Importing binary EGI data file ...

Importing
/Users/jkh80/Documents/EEG_Data/ScalarImplicature/SI_Filtered_Raw/SI20002.raw

Importing binary EGI data file ...

Importing
/Users/jkh80/Documents/EEG_Data/ScalarImplicature/SI_Filtered_Raw/SI20003.raw

Importing binary EGI data file ...

Importing
/Users/jkh80/Documents/EEG_Data/ScalarImplicature/SI_Filtered_Raw/SI20004.raw

Importing binary EGI data file ...

Importing
/Users/jkh80/Documents/EEG_Data/ScalarImplicature/SI_Filtered_Raw/SI20005.raw

Importing binary EGI data file ...

Importing
/Users/jkh80/Documents/EEG_Data/ScalarImplicature/SI_Filtered_Raw/SI20006.raw

Importing binary EGI data file ...

Importing
/Users/jkh80/Documents/EEG_Data/ScalarImplicature/SI_Filtered_Raw/SI20007.raw

Importing binary EGI data file ...

Importing
/Users/jkh80/Documents/EEG_Data/ScalarImplicature/SI_Filtered_Raw/SI20008.raw

Importing binary EGI data file ...

Importing
/Users/jkh80/Documents/EEG_Data/ScalarImplicature/SI_Filtered_Raw/SI20009.raw

Importing binary EGI data file ...

Importing
/Users/jkh80/Documents/EEG_Data/ScalarImplicature/SI_Filtered_Raw/SI20010.raw

Importing binary EGI data file ...

Importing
/Users/jkh80/Documents/EEG_Data/ScalarImplicature/SI_Filtered_Raw/SI20011.raw

pop_chanevent: importing events from data channel 166 ...

eeg_checkset warning: 3rd dimension size of data (1) does not match the
number of epochs (0), corrected

eeg_checkset warning: number of columns in data (991630) does not match the
number of points (0): corrected

eeg_checkset note: upper time limit (xmax) adjusted so (xmax-xmin)*srate+1
= number of frames

eeg_checkset note: creating the original event table (EEG.urevent)

Removing 1 channel(s)...

pop_chanevent: importing events from data channel 165 ...

eeg_checkset note: creating the original event table (EEG.urevent)

Removing 1 channel(s)...

pop_chanevent: importing events from data channel 164 ...

eeg_checkset note: creating the original event table (EEG.urevent)

Removing 1 channel(s)...

pop_chanevent: importing events from data channel 163 ...

eeg_checkset note: creating the original event table (EEG.urevent)

Removing 1 channel(s)...

pop_chanevent: importing events from data channel 162 ...

eeg_checkset note: creating the original event table (EEG.urevent)

Removing 1 channel(s)...

pop_chanevent: importing events from data channel 161 ...

eeg_checkset note: creating the original event table (EEG.urevent)

Removing 1 channel(s)...

pop_chanevent: importing events from data channel 160 ...

eeg_checkset note: creating the original event table (EEG.urevent)

Removing 1 channel(s)...

pop_chanevent: importing events from data channel 159 ...

eeg_checkset note: creating the original event table (EEG.urevent)

Removing 1 channel(s)...

pop_chanevent: importing events from data channel 158 ...

eeg_checkset note: creating the original event table (EEG.urevent)

Removing 1 channel(s)...

pop_chanevent: importing events from data channel 157 ...

eeg_checkset note: creating the original event table (EEG.urevent)

Removing 1 channel(s)...

pop_chanevent: importing events from data channel 156 ...

eeg_checkset note: creating the original event table (EEG.urevent)

Removing 1 channel(s)...

pop_chanevent: importing events from data channel 155 ...

eeg_checkset note: creating the original event table (EEG.urevent)

Removing 1 channel(s)...

pop_chanevent: importing events from data channel 154 ...

eeg_checkset note: creating the original event table (EEG.urevent)

Removing 1 channel(s)...

pop_chanevent: importing events from data channel 153 ...

eeg_checkset note: creating the original event table (EEG.urevent)

Removing 1 channel(s)...

pop_chanevent: importing events from data channel 152 ...

eeg_checkset note: creating the original event table (EEG.urevent)

Removing 1 channel(s)...

pop_chanevent: importing events from data channel 151 ...

eeg_checkset note: creating the original event table (EEG.urevent)

Removing 1 channel(s)...

pop_chanevent: importing events from data channel 150 ...

eeg_checkset note: creating the original event table (EEG.urevent)

Removing 1 channel(s)...

pop_chanevent: importing events from data channel 149 ...

eeg_checkset note: creating the original event table (EEG.urevent)

Removing 1 channel(s)...

pop_chanevent: importing events from data channel 148 ...

eeg_checkset note: creating the original event table (EEG.urevent)

Removing 1 channel(s)...

pop_chanevent: importing events from data channel 147 ...

eeg_checkset note: creating the original event table (EEG.urevent)

Removing 1 channel(s)...

pop_chanevent: importing events from data channel 146 ...

eeg_checkset note: creating the original event table (EEG.urevent)

Removing 1 channel(s)...

pop_chanevent: importing events from data channel 145 ...

eeg_checkset note: creating the original event table (EEG.urevent)

Removing 1 channel(s)...

pop_chanevent: importing events from data channel 144 ...

eeg_checkset note: creating the original event table (EEG.urevent)

Removing 1 channel(s)...

pop_chanevent: importing events from data channel 143 ...

eeg_checkset note: creating the original event table (EEG.urevent)

Removing 1 channel(s)...

pop_chanevent: importing events from data channel 142 ...

eeg_checkset note: creating the original event table (EEG.urevent)

Removing 1 channel(s)...

pop_chanevent: importing events from data channel 141 ...

eeg_checkset note: creating the original event table (EEG.urevent)

Removing 1 channel(s)...

pop_chanevent: importing events from data channel 140 ...

eeg_checkset note: creating the original event table (EEG.urevent)

Removing 1 channel(s)...

pop_chanevent: importing events from data channel 139 ...

eeg_checkset note: creating the original event table (EEG.urevent)

Removing 1 channel(s)...

pop_chanevent: importing events from data channel 138 ...

eeg_checkset note: creating the original event table (EEG.urevent)

Removing 1 channel(s)...

pop_chanevent: importing events from data channel 137 ...

eeg_checkset note: creating the original event table (EEG.urevent)

Removing 1 channel(s)...

pop_chanevent: importing events from data channel 136 ...

eeg_checkset note: creating the original event table (EEG.urevent)

Removing 1 channel(s)...

pop_chanevent: importing events from data channel 135 ...

eeg_checkset note: creating the original event table (EEG.urevent)

Removing 1 channel(s)...

pop_chanevent: importing events from data channel 134 ...

eeg_checkset note: creating the original event table (EEG.urevent)

Removing 1 channel(s)...

pop_chanevent: importing events from data channel 133 ...

eeg_checkset note: creating the original event table (EEG.urevent)

Removing 1 channel(s)...

pop_chanevent: importing events from data channel 132 ...

eeg_checkset note: creating the original event table (EEG.urevent)

Removing 1 channel(s)...

pop_chanevent: importing events from data channel 131 ...

eeg_checkset note: creating the original event table (EEG.urevent)

Removing 1 channel(s)...

pop_chanevent: importing events from data channel 130 ...

eeg_checkset note: creating the original event table (EEG.urevent)

Removing 1 channel(s)...

Deleting empty data reference channel (reference channel location is
retained)

EGI channel location automatically detected GSN129.sfp ********* WARNING
please check that this the proper file

The data end up looking reasonable, so I'm not too worried about this, but
I'd like to make sure it's not something I should worry about.

Thanks,

Josh