[Eeglablist] Bipolar montage

Arnaud Delorme arno at ucsd.edu
Thu Sep 6 13:14:31 PDT 2012

Dear Max,

You could potentially create two reference channels C4 and P4 and set the reference for Cz to C4 and Pz to P4 in the channel editor. However, EEGLAB will not be able to use that information. It might also create problems if you have trying to reference these two bipolar channels (EEGLAB cannot do it (in fact it cannot be done) and I am not sure EEGLAB will return the appropriate error). You should simply declare your channels as Cz and Pz and put the dataset comment your bipolar montage information.