[Eeglablist] amica based comparison

Makoto Miyakoshi mmiyakoshi at ucsd.edu
Mon Sep 17 18:02:21 PDT 2012

Dear John,

> Is possible make comparison between subjects in the ica's component space?

Actually it's not that simple. That's why EEGLAB developers invented
an ICA clustering schema. Measure Projection is a new alternative.

> component number 1 in patient 1 against component 1 in patient 2, and so...

Components are by default sorted by variance. This is why you usually
see eye blink in IC1 or IC2. If you think about individual differences
in EEG and EOG and EMG, you'll see why one-to-one IC comparison across
subjects is not possible.

Makoto