[Eeglablist] Importing events from Netstation

Stephen Hamilton sthamilton at ucdavis.edu
Thu Sep 20 18:14:13 PDT 2012

Dear all,

This is probably a very simple question with a straightforward answer, but
I can't find it mentioned in previous posts. Apologies if I've missed it.

I'm importing data recorded in Netstation (128 channel EGI system) into
EEGlab so that I can reject artifacts using ICA. With Netstation, events
are written into the .RAW files themselves, so I'm able to segment the data
by condition very easily. However, I'm unable to distinguish correct trials
from incorrect trials. When I try to import the event file given by
Netstation, EEGlab doesn't like the fact that it's in string
format. So, I've tried assigning events manually using the eventlist GUI
provided by the ERPlab toolbox, but I'm unable to get it to read the
accuracy information. This is, I think, because EGI/Netstation evaluates
trial accuracy with TRSP events at the end of each trial and these
evaluations are not tied to the condition labels themselves. If I open the
Netstation event file the TRSP evaluation ("eval1" or "eval0") is provided
at the end of the line for that event,  I just can't get EEGlab to read
it. It's probably just a matter of tying these together in the Binlister
somehow, but I can't find an example of how this is done.

Again, sorry if this has been answered before. Any help would be much
appreciated!

S Hamilton

--
Dr. Stephen Hamilton