[Eeglablist] pop_rmbase timelocking

Katherine Naish K.R.Naish at pgr.reading.ac.uk
Thu Oct 4 00:55:40 PDT 2012

Hi,

When using pop_rmbase, are min_ms and max_ms relative to the start of the epoch, or to the timelocking event that the epoch was based around? So, the number that are entered as timerange if using code- or the numbers in the 'baseline latency range' in the pop-up window- if I enter [-500 0] is that taking 500ms before the start of the epoch?

Is there a way to specify a baseline period that is locked round an event which isn't always in the same place in the epoch? For example, I am interested in what is happening around one event (movement onset), but I would like the baseline to be based around the participants viewing a fixation cross. But the period between the fixation cross and movement onset is variable. Is there a way to specify time points based around the fixation cross for the baseline, or does the fact that the time period varies present a problem?

Thanks,

katherine

Katherine Naish
PhD student
School of Psychology
University of Reading & Goldsmiths, University of London
http://www.neurobiography.info/handlab.php?page=people