[Eeglablist] Eyes-open EEG stimulation via the ear canals

Gregory Perry Gregory.Perry at govirtual.tv
Fri Oct 12 10:38:28 PDT 2012

I have a collection of EEG FFT analysis sessions which demonstrate the brainwave stimulation across multiple electrode sites.

However, the current photic stimulation system I am using is a closed-sourced LS device, so it is difficult to map specific stimulation sequences to the EEG charting output to correlate the two.

I am currently working on a Python-based photic stimulation framework that will facilitate direct interfacing with the EEG acquisition platform, to better understand which stimulation sequences and wavelengths are triggering the brainwave responses and then map those results into more refined photic stimulation sessions.

There is also an iPhone app in the works with the project; using Bluetooth, it may be possible to link the iPhone to a laptop or PC running the EEG acquisition/analysis software, so that both can be paired together for dynamic EEG-based driving of the ear canal-based photic stimulation system.