[Eeglablist] Newtimef CUDA?

Alejandro alejandro at sccn.ucsd.edu
Tue Oct 16 12:14:18 PDT 2012

Hi all,

I have an implementation of time/frequency analysis that uses Matlab's
cwt (continuous wavelet transform) that could be a good alternative to
bypass the bottleneck that newtimef is. CWT works in parallel internally
so you don't have to worry about that, nor to get a fancy video card. If
anyone would like to help incorporating my code in EEGLAB's study
machinery I'd be more than happy to help. As an example, computing ERSP
and ITC for epochs 2 seconds long, 100 trials takes ~ 6 second in a
decent desktop machine. The only critical input it needs beside a matrix
with the data (channel or components: timeXtrials ) is a vector of
scales (something equivalent to 'cycles' in newtimef), which can be set
in logspace to produce a nice narrow-broad band decomposition (see the
example in the website below). Right now it lacks from a significant
test but that is something that can be easily added, for example using
bootstrap will be something like this:

 >> bootstats = bootstrp( nboot, @myCTWfunction, data, scales);

where bootstrap is Matlab's bootstrap function that also works in parallel.

See "example_erp.mat" in the Downloads section on Mobilabs's google code
website.
https://code.google.com/p/mobilab/

Regards,
Alejandro