[Eeglablist] calculation of spectral Power

Don Scott dscott8201 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 08:12:45 PDT 2012

Hello,

I have a question about how channel spectra are calculated.  The Plot menu
calls pop_prop() which, in turn, appears to call (line 215) Spoectopo.m for
the actual calculations using Welch's method (line 277) .  Then in line
306+ the calculations occur, maybe rescaled by some kind of RMS value?
the plot eventually displayed shows the ordinate label as "Power
10*log10(uv^2/Hz)"

I have tried to duplicate the EEGLAB results using the Matlab Signal
Processing toolbox but cannot get the same numbers given by EEGLAB.
Rescaling the sptool results by 10*log10(uv^2)/Hz) does not seem to help
either.

Can someone please help me clear this up, or point out what I am missing?
I need to know which is the correct set of data.

Thank you
Don

--
Don Scott

(864) 415 - 1795
Dscott8201 at Gmail.Com

*"Although the universe doesn't have an end, it had a beginning in the Big
Bang. One might ask what is before that, but the answer is that there is
nowhere before the Big Bang, just as there is nowhere south of the South
Pole."*
*
*
*--- Stephen Hawking*