[Eeglablist] Cluster Tightness in mica_release

Jason Palmer japalmer29 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 16:44:21 PDT 2012

Hi Zohre,

Arnaud actually performed the cluster tightness calculation for the figure,
and I don't think this was meant to be part of the release. However, I think
all you would need to do is (1) perform dipole localization for the
decompositions using an ICA algorithm, (2) cluster using eeglab and k-means
for example, (3) compute the cluster means and the average distance from the
mean of each subject dipole in the cluster. The dipole locations are saved
in the dipfit structure, and the cluster information (which subject comps in
each cluster) is in the STUDY cluster structure. If you have a clustered
study, it should only be a script of a few lines to get a measure of the
cluster tightness (average distance from the cluster mean). Let us know if
you need further info.

Best,
Jason