[Eeglablist] has anyone used an actiCHamp and an ActiveTwo?

Arnaud Delorme arno at ucsd.edu
Thu Nov 8 18:16:21 PST 2012

I disagree with Baris and Patrick. 128-channels is better than 64 in many ways. I had done some testing on source localization (comparing dipole localization error from 256 (ground truth) down to 19 electrodes) and below 72 channels, the error starts to increase (not published unfortunately).

Only record with 64 channels if you do not have the choice. If you are planning to scan electrode positions, use 128. If you are planning to coregister with the subject's MRI, definitely use 128.

In choosing between Biosemi and Brainproduct, Biosemi systems are less expensive than Brainproduct. However, with Biosemi, you cannot check electrode impedances. If you have the funds, you might want to get the Brainproduct system. If your funds are limited, you might want to get Biosemi. And remember there is also Neuroscan, EGI, Ant and Guger Technologies who all offer decent products as well.