[Eeglablist] Fwd: Question about filter order

shirly xu shirlyxulin at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 12:05:51 PST 2012

Hello, I used Tools->Filter the data->Basic FIR filter to filter my EEG
data.

I found that, if I exchange the order of the pass band (use *Lower edge of
the frequency pass band* first, then use *Higher* *edge of the frequency
pass band,  *or  use *Higher* *edge of the frequency pass band *first,  then
use  *Lower* *edge of the frequency pass band*), the results are different
from each other.

Which order is better? Or may I use low pass and high pass simultaneously?