[Eeglablist] question about ITC/ERSP

Arnaud Delorme arno at ucsd.edu
Wed Dec 12 21:00:45 PST 2012

Dear Pengmin,

another trick for uniform time distribution is to set 'timesout' to -x (x being the subsampling factor). For example x = 1, means that the time-frequency decomposition will be estimated at each time point of the data (same sampling frequency). The help message of newtimef contains more information.

As Makoto mentioned, in all practical applications, this will not have any consequences. However, if you want to coregister EEG time-frequency decompositions with fMRI data for example (and perform instantaneous correlations), it is important to have a uniformly distributed time values.