[Eeglablist] Question Subtract individual mean

Arnaud Delorme arno at ucsd.edu
Tue Dec 18 08:36:08 PST 2012

Dear Flavia,

removal of the mean is controlled by pairing properties in your design. The mean is removed within a single subject which data is paired. The information appears on the command line.

This option allows to make subjects power spectrum more similar so if you have outliers it might be a good idea to try it.
There is no rules for using or not using it though. It is up to the user to choose which procedure is most appropriate for his/her data.