[Eeglablist] PLS or ICA?

Kessler Memory Lab memory.lab.bgu at gmail.com
Sun Dec 23 05:01:42 PST 2012

Hello,

we are recording adults with Bio-Semi 64 channels. we are conducting memory
experiments usually with N-back paradigms while searching for  CDA and P300
activity.
I usually analyze with the ERPLAB  but now I want to start analyzing the
data in a deeper way so I am weighting the possibilities. I know the ICA is
more popular but I will be happy to know what is the difference between the
ICA and the PLS analysis in general and particularly in the type of
experiments I am conducting. I have no experience with
neither technique, which one is better?

Thank you for your help!

Rachel Ratz, Lab assistant.
Department of Psychology