[Eeglablist] task repetition effects on eeg vep and ssvep? (Not repetiton priming)

Johan johanvandermeer at gmail.com
Fri Jan 30 03:02:40 PST 2015

Dear all,

I'd like to know if, when I have a short task with a vep, that i' like to
repeat 3 times in the course of a few hours with sufficient pauses in
between, whether I can expect some kind of effect of repetiton in the
outcome er waveform in this basic vep. I guess there is an effect of
attention, but if I control for that - do I still need to control for that?
Would there be some literature about this? I was looking but found most
things on repetition priming, which is different - that's a repetition
within a single task. My guess is that if the task is very simple, it
should be mostly dependent on attention.

The same qurstions for ssveps: Would there be a task repetition effect on
steady state (frequency priming)  ssveps, too?

Thanks and kind regards,
Johan