[Eeglablist] Interpreting LORETA t-test results

Bethel Osuagwu b.osuagwu.1 at research.gla.ac.uk
Mon Feb 2 14:12:45 PST 2015

Hi Rohit,

After running the stats package, you need to open the file '-Thresholds&ExtremePs.txt' which looks thus:

                                    t(0.01)    t(0.05)    t(0.10)   ExtremeP
One-Tailed  (A>B):      0.641      0.575      0.536    0.87240
One-Tailed  (A<B):      -0.641     -0.574     -0.534    0.00000
Two-Tailed (A<>B):     0.661      0.606      0.574    0.00020

In this case, for any voxel to be significant at 0.05 level in your sLORETA image/s the voxel must have a value thus:
a)   >=0.575 (condition A is more positive than condition B which can mean that A is more active)
b)   <=-0.574 (condition A is more negative than condition B which can mean that A is more active if you think in terms of a very negative ERP for A)
c)    >0.606 (there is a difference between condition A and B)

>From the 'Slice Viewer' click on 'Find Max/Min' button and enter 0.575 to list the voxels satisfying a) above.

By the way could you remove the stuff about domains at the bottom of your email, else your email is classified as SPAM

Bethel