[Eeglablist] add events to the EEG data

Makoto Miyakoshi mmiyakoshi at ucsd.edu
Fri Feb 6 22:10:10 PST 2015

Dear James,

By the way, I tried hard to come up with a trick to spare the for loop. See
my code below. I mean, what is this?? But it works like a charm.

    % extract event labels and time stamps
    allEventLabels = mobilab.allStreams.item{eventStreanIdx}.event.label;
    eventTimeStamp = mobilab.allStreams.item{eventStreanIdx}.timeStamp; %
in second

    % import event markers and latency to EEG.event
    allEventLatency = num2cell((eventTimeStamp-EEG.urxmin)*1000);
    allUrevent      = num2cell(1:length(allEventLatency));
    EEG.event = struct('type', {}, 'latency',{}, 'urevent',{});
    [EEG.event(1,1:length(allEventLabels)).latency] = allEventLatency{:};
    [EEG.event(1,1:length(allEventLabels)).type]    = allEventLabels{:};
    [EEG.event(1,1:length(allEventLabels)).urevent] = allUrevent{:};
    EEG = eeg_checkset(EEG,'eventconsistency');

This is also a convenient trick which I often use.

allEvent = {EEG.event.type}';
targetIdx = find(strcmp(allEvent, 'target'));
targetLatency = allEvent(targetIdx).latency;

Makoto