[Eeglablist] how to reject extreme values in continuous EEG data

Nurit Goldshuv-Ezra nuritezra at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 9 04:28:08 PST 2015

Hi there,
I’ve been preprocessing continuous, unsegmented EEG data (4min length each) using EEGLAB and was wondering how I may reject extreme values (+/-150mv) after filtering, manual artefact removal and after the data got cleaned from eye artefacts using ICA.When trying to go through TOOLS—REJECT DATA USING ICA—REJECT EXTREME VALUES, I see that all options except for “reject components by map” are grey and hence not functioning. Why is that and how can I nevertheless reject extreme values such as +/-150mV, in my case?
Many thanks for your support and help.Best,Nurit