[Eeglablist] 1 PhD or Post-doctoral position with focus on EEG source- and connectivity analyses in eating disorders/obesity at the University of Salzburg, Austria

Arnaud Delorme arno at ucsd.edu
Thu Mar 5 08:57:15 PST 2015

1 PhD or Post-doctoral position with focus on EEG source- and connectivity analyses in eating disorders/obesity at the University of Salzburg, Austria

How do emotions modulate when and what we eat? Why do weight reduction diets fail? These are the questions we ask in our group. We approach these challenges with experimental- neurocognitive and ambulatory methods and in populations ranging from healthy to eating and weight disordered groups. We are funded by a starting grant of the European Research Council, running for the coming 5 years and a project funded by the Austrian Science Foundation in collaboration with the National Research Fund of Luxembourg (3 years).

One researcher with basic or advanced knowledge in EEG/fMRI/MEG methods is sought for a Ph.D. (3 years) or post-doc (4 years) position (depending on career stage/experience). The focus of research will be analysis of ERPs, oscillatory EEG (on the surface and in source space) as well as connectivity analyses. Of advantage are further experiences in fMRI, MEG, eye tracking, peripheral psychophysiology, advanced statistical analyses.

The PhD student can become associated member of the graduate school ‘Imaging the Mind’ of the University of Salzburg, providing excellent post-graduate training courses, summer schools, international lab-rotation, etc. The work group (PI: Dr. Blechert) is supported by an excellent research infrastructure, provided collaboratively by the Clinical Stress and Emotion Lab and the Center for Cognitive Neuroscience. We are a well-connected, dynamic work group, hoping to provide a vibrant and motivating scientific environment as well as good work-life balance to applicants. Salzburg is located at the rim of the Alps and offers a rich cultural life as well as plenty of outdoors recreational opportunities.

Candidates should have a background in Psychology, Computer Science, Statistics, Biology, Medicine or related disciplines. A good command of English is necessary, knowledge of German is advantageous but optional. Annual salary is € 24’000/42’000 per year for PhD/Postdocs, respectively. Project start is after the first of June 2015 and negotiable. Teaching is possible on an optional basis. We aim for an equal representation of females so women are especially encouraged to apply.

To apply, please send a motivation letter, CV, publication list, one reference letter/reference name & email address and one representative publication (if available) to jens.blechert at sbg.ac.at (in either English or German language). Informal enquiries can be made to the same email address. Applications will be reviewed on a running basis.

More information:
Laboratory website: www.eal.sbg.ac.at
Graduate School: www.uni-salzburg.at/index.php?id=28223
Center for Cognitive Neuroscience: www.uni-salzburg.at/index.php?id=143