[Eeglablist] Power reduction issue after rejecting ICs

Makoto Miyakoshi mmiyakoshi at ucsd.edu
Thu Mar 19 12:41:44 PDT 2015

Deara Maryam,

> I calculated the power reduction changes(after rejection vs.before ), and
it's around 46%!

Good point! I like it. I appreciate you computed it for confirmation.
Yes, actually that sounds right to me.
Did you think the brain in the skull is louder than the muscles surrounding
it?

If you think 46% is too big, *why* do you think so? On what criteria?

In fMRI, the BOLD signal is derived from only a few percent changes in MR
images. Which means people discard 98% of the raw signals (in a sense).
Does it undermine fMRI studies?

EEG is actually known for the high signal to noise ratio.

Makoto