[Eeglablist] Epoch Data

Stephen Politzer-Ahles spa268 at nyu.edu
Tue Mar 31 15:50:11 PDT 2015

Hello Raju,

There are lots of ways to do this, depending on what specifically you want.
Once you load an eeg dataset, the data are in EEG.data, which is a
three-dimensional matrix (channels * samples * trials ). So for example, to
plot channel 5 of epoch 10, you could do:

channel_num = 5;
epoch = 5;
plot( EEG.times, EEG.data(channel_num,:,epoch) ); % this plots the data
EEG.data(:,:,epoch) % this just shows the data; you could e.g. write this
out to a text file or something

Of course, if you want to take advantage of EEGLAB's built-in plotting
functions to have a nice layout and stuff, this might not be sufficient in
of itself. But this is a basic way to get out data from a particular trial.

Best,
Steve

Stephen Politzer-Ahles
New York University, Abu Dhabi