[Eeglablist] Huge alpha peaks in one person

Eric HG erichg2013 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 4 14:14:41 PDT 2015

Hi everybody,

There has been one resting-state EEG from a healthy subject that we have
analyzed that has huge alpha peaks resulting in huge power values at
baseline (like 15-17) in the alpha band and this is only when the subjects
have their eyes closed. Has anyone experienced something like this? Could
it be due to the preprocessing steps (I've used Butterworth filter: H-pass:
1 Hz and L-pass: 100 Hz, epoched the data and then removed the epochs with
a lot of artifacts)?
The ICA can easily separate the alpha peak components.

Or can it just be due to individual variability?

Best,

Eric