[Eeglablist] How can I get the power of each frequency band?

Tarik S Bel-Bahar tarikbelbahar at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 12:16:26 PDT 2015

Hello Shan, here are some small suggestions. You don't need to
understand matlab very well, you just need to access the output of the
spectopo function.

1. For any question, please first try taking a look on the eeglablist archives.
You can ask google a question like "power eeglablist" and the first
few links have messages and code examples on your question.
For example, see the old messages with these titles:
[Eeglablist] Calculation of each frequency band's power density
[Eeglablist] help with power spectral density.
[Eeglablist] FW: About an export of mean band power

Google can also help you find other brief discussion that are of use such as:
http://www.researchgate.net/post/How_can_I_get_and_extract_a_mean_of_PSD_in_EEGlab

2. Most eeglab functions can create output variables. The function
that you referred to is
probably pop_spectopo. You can type "help pop_spectopo" in matlab, and it will
tell you how to define the output, and how the information is stored
in the output. You can do this help for any function.
The output information from the function is the same information that
is shown in the spectrum figure.

3. You can benefit from reviewing the documentation and doing the
tutorial online,
and also reviewing the information there about eeglab functions,
structures, and matlab coding.
See for example:
Chapter 03: Plotting Channel Spectra and Maps
Chapter_02:_Writing_EEGLAB_Scripts