[Eeglablist] How can I get the power of each frequency band?

#SHAN XIN# SHAN0055 at e.ntu.edu.sg
Thu Apr 23 09:17:05 PDT 2015

Dear Makoto,

Thank you so much for the link!!  I still have two questions:

(1) Since dB is the log ratio of two same quantities, so in the spectopo plot 10log10(uV^2/Hz) , does EEGlab implicitly assume that the reference level is 1uV^2 ?

(2) The script line "deltaPower = mean(10.^(spectra(deltaIdx)/10)); " gives uV^2/Hz, which is the mean value of densities.  If I hope to get the total power within alpha band, what script should I write?  Intuitively it seems something like: total power=sum(10.^(spectra(alphaIdx)/10)*(length of each discrete frequency)).  Is this concept correct? If it is correct, then what should be the value for "length of each discrete frequency" (say for 128Hz sampling rate)? If not, then is there actually any method to get the total power?

Best wishes,

SHAN Xin