[Eeglablist] online reference

Roy Cox roycox.roycox at gmail.com
Thu May 7 11:32:27 PDT 2015

hi all,

(apologies for possibly sending this twice)

saw this discussion and I'm trying to do something similar from the command
line, but no luck.

I import 63 channel data that I know to be referenced to the forehead. then
I remove 3 EOG and EMG channels (60 remaining).

I've created a 61 channel electrode location file, that I read in and
separate into the first 60 "active" locations and the 61st ref/forehead
location. I assign the 60 channel locations to my EEG, and then want to
rereference to average mastoids, while keeping both mastoid channels and
reconstructing the forehead channel. I've tried a couple of things, calling
both pop_reref and reref. I'm sure there's a simple solution but can't get
it to work. the code to my latest attempt:

%read in electrode locations

allchanlocs=readlocs(electrodeFile,'filetype','custom','format',{'labels'
'X' 'Y' 'Z'});

%split into active and ref locs

chanlocs_active=allchanlocs(1:60);

chanlocs_ref=allchanlocs(61);

%read in 63 channel EDF and remove eyes and emg

EEG=pop_biosig(fullfile(subjectFolder,dataFile),'importevent','off');

EEG=pop_select(EEG,'nochannel',[1 2 63]);

EEG.chanlocs=chanlocs_active;

EEG=eeg_checkset(EEG)  ##STILL OK

%rereference to average mastoids

EEG=pop_reref(EEG,[59 60],'keepref','on','refloc',chanlocs_ref);

this now crashes like this:

Attempt to reference field of non-structure array.

Error in pop_reref (line 215)

         allinds = [allinds strmatch( g.refloc(iElec).labels, {
tmpchaninfo.nodatchans.labels }) ];

thanks for any input,

Roy