[Eeglablist] Tensor Decomposition of EEG Signals

Makoto Miyakoshi mmiyakoshi at ucsd.edu
Wed Jun 3 11:28:37 PDT 2015

Dear Fengyu (rich and rich),

Congrats for publication! Without much reading, some thoughts and comments.

> Electroencephalography (EEG) is one fundamental tool for functional brain
imaging.

I'm sure Scott will like this phrase.

> However, the mostly applied computing tools for brain research are
oriented for one-way or two-way data.

We do not apply ICA on concatenated multiple-subject data (which is called
group ICA) because we appreciate individual differences across subjects.
This sounds good, but it's also a curse because the group-level analysis is
so complicated. How do you integrate thousands of ICs from dozens of
subjects in the final group-level analysis? We have been struggling against
the issue over ten years.

By the way please tell me if it is possible to apply your three-way data
analysis on individual subject's independent components. I don't have
math/physic background.

Makoto