[Eeglablist] clean_asr

Makoto Miyakoshi mmiyakoshi at ucsd.edu
Wed Jun 3 11:51:34 PDT 2015

Dear Srinivas,

> My data include 2 minutes of resting EEG and few walking trails.

I don't know how many channels you have, but this seems too short.

> The walking EEG still includes artifacts after ASR method when I passed
resting EEG as calibration. The reason could be artifacts in resting EEG.

I'm not sure if it makes sense to learn from resting data and use it to
interpolate data during walking... but it may be a trivial issue. I can't
tell for sure.

> or any other recommendations?

Record data as long as possible so that even after severe cleaning decent
amount of data remains. Don't forget the saying GIGO (garbage in, garbage
out).

> Do I need to do ICA after 'clean_asr' method?

I need only 300 msec to answer 'yes'

Makoto