[Eeglablist] Upcoming Opportunities --- Autism Biomarkers Consortium for Clinical Trials

Sara Jane Webb sjwebb at u.washington.edu
Thu Jul 2 15:08:51 PDT 2015

Category: Postdoctoral Opening, Research Assistant Position
Location: Connecticut, Massachusetts, North Carolina, Washington

The Autism Biomarkers Consortium for Clinical Trials (ABC-CT) involves a network of leading scientists at five sites (Boston Children’s Hospital/Harvard University in Boston MA; University of Washington/Seattle Children’s Research Institute in Seattle WA; Yale Child Study Center in New Haven CT; UCLA in Los Angeles CA; and Duke Center for Autism and Brain Development, Duke University, Durham, NC). The goal of this consortium is to generate a set of reliable behavioral and psychophysiological tools for use in clinical trials with children with ASD. Specifically, we will be working to integrate clinical, behavioral, EEG, and eye-tracking methods to create biomarkers for use in clinical trials. Across these sites, we plan to hire Research Coordinators, Clinicians, Postdoctoral and Research Scientists, and Research Assistants. We will seek individuals with experience in diagnostic and clinical assessment, behavioral testing, EEG and ET data collection, and data signal processing in developmental or clinical populations. Duties will vary based on open position so please inquire with the site principal investigator.

Anticipated Requirements:
Include: (1) Excellent interpersonal skills; (2) degree as appropriate for position (BA/BS for Research Assistants and Coordinators, MS or PhD for Postdoctoral or Research Scientists and Clinicians); (3) Experience working on research projects; (4) Interest and/or experience working clinically with children with autism spectrum disorders and their families.

Contact Info:
To learn more about upcoming openings at each site, please contact:
Overall Principal Investigator & Data Collection Site: Yale, New Haven CT: James McPartland james.mcpartland at yale.edu
Data Collection Site: University of Washington, Seattle WA: Raphael Bernier rab2 at uw.edu
Data Collection Site: Boston Children’s Hospital, Boston MA: Charles Nelson Charles.Nelson at childrens.harvard.edu
Data Collection Site: UCLA, Los Angeles CA: Shafali Jeste SJeste at mednet.ucla.edu
Data Collection Site: Duke University, Durham NC: Geraldine Dawson geraldine.dawson at duke.edu
EEG Analysis: Seattle Children's Research Institute, Seattle, WA: Sara Jane Webb sjwebb at uw.edu
Eye Tracking Analysis: Yale, New Haven CT: Fred Shic frederick.shic at yale.edu

Sara Jane Webb, PhD
Associate Professor, University of Washington
Psychiatry & Behavioral Sciences
Seattle Children's Research Institute
Seattle WA http://depts.washington.edu/pbslab/
sjwebb at u.washington.edu

Confidentiality Notice:  Because email is not secure, please be aware that we cannot guarantee the confidentiality of information sent by email.  If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender by reply email, and then destroy all copies of the message and any attachments.